May part sa libro ni Alex na may chance kang mag-share ng kwento mo which is a sweet thing. At syempre, dahil hindi naman akin ang libro, kailangan kong kumuha ng notebook at bolpen para i-sulat yung mga sagot o kwento ko.
So, eto na nga…
WHY DO YOU THINK YOU GUYS BROKE UP?
- No one knows the entire story. Not even my mom who was supportive of the relationship. So why we broke up? He was dating another girl. And I wasn’t ready to be in a serious relationship.
OKAY, SO TO BE HONEST, WHY REALLY DID WE BREAK UP?
I wasn’t so sure about myself then, or if I really want the relationship. We’ve been good friends since high school and we treated each other like siblings. I even call him ‘Manoy’ (the dialect for Kuya). And I think I wasn’t ready to take the relationship to the next level. I think I was just in a hurry of getting a boyfriend because after all, I am already allowed to.
We got together after college. Factually, we got together days after my graduation day. It was like: “Since okay na akong mag-boyfriend kasi graduate na ‘ko, gura na ‘to!”. Although I had other thoughts about it but I chose to tuck them behind where I could not see them.
While I was busy thinking whether to keep the relationship or not, he was also busy dating another girl. Actually, later did I know that they’ve been dating for so long, even before we got together.
THE BEAK UP BREAKDOWN
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER?
- 35 days.
WHO INITIATED THE BREAK UP?
WHEN DID THE BREAK UP HAPPEN?
- Couldn’t remember the date exactly, but that was somewhere June 2011.
HOW DID THE BREAK UP HAPPEN?
He called me. Yes, the break up happened over the phone! Which sucks and I totally lost my respect for this guy despite of the closeness we had. He told me he was dating another girl at hindi na nya kayang saktan pa ako. Which to me back then was totally fine kasi hindi naman nya ako nasaktan kasi nga wala naman talaga kong special feelings para sa kanya aside from friendship. Masyado akong busy sa future ko, at wala sya sa picture na yun. We both agreed. But later that night I called my college crush and told him everything about what happened. My crush was sweet enough to listen to all my prattling. Galit na galit ako nung tumawag ako. Kasi na-isip ko ang bastos nya para gawin sa ‘kin yun. Pero pina-realize din naman sa ‘kin ni crush na may mali rin naman kasi. That everything is actually wrong because in the first place, wala naman talaga akong kahit konting special feelings for the guy. Kaya medyo bumaba ang level ng anger ko.
My crush comforted me the entire moving- on stage (or so I thought it was a moving-on stage). Kaya hindi naman ganun naging kahirap ang sitwasyon ko. Na-busy din ako sa unang trabaho ko at eventually, my attention was diverted to someone else (but the heartache for this guy is totally different. Kasi hanggang ngayon nasa moving-on stage pa rin ako, although never naman naging kami nor nag-date or whatsoever. And I think he’s a different story so let’s move on… hahaha!)
DO YOU WANT TO GET BACK WITH HIM?
I won’t lie. I did want to win him back. A year after the break up, I went home (because I work in a different city) and we met. Said hi’s but never had a talk. I wanted to talk to him so I asked my sister to ask for his number and we shared a couple of text messages. My mom didn’t know we already broke up, so she thought of inviting him over for a lunch. Later did I realize, no. I’m not certainly going to be with him again. I remember I already lost my respect for him because of how he broke up with me. I suddenly felt, ang laki kong tanga kasi naki-pag communicate pa ako sa kanya. Mabuti naman at hindi na-tuloy yung imbitasyon ni Mama. Ang laking relief! Feeling ko kasi, kung na-tuloy yun, malamang mas nakaka-hiya na ang ginawa ko. Malamang, naging mas superb ang katangahan ko. Kasi, despite of the anger I felt, sa t’wing nag-kakatext kami o nakikita ko sya, parang ewan. Parang nag-hahanap ang sarili ko ng ka-holding hands. Nakaka-inis nga e. Kaya agad-agad akong bumalik ng Maynila!
THE CRAZIEST THINGS I EVER DID FOR LOVE
Before, when I’m asked to answer this, I don’t know how to respond. So I thought, now is the best time to realize those craziness and stop them before everything’s too, too late.
- Confess to him even if we’re not really close, or don’t know that much. Gosh! How many times have I wrote a letter and sent it to him as if I’m a not-so-secret admirer.
- Send/give him chocolates with personalized lettering: “Just for <insert guy’s name here>”.
- Write letters and send them to him, post it on my facebook wall, blog it away or share it with friends so they can tell him. Ang hayskul lang diba?
- Stalk him online! The craziest I’ve done is to Google his name to find any social media accounts of him.
- Act as if we have the same interest or hobby. Totally crazy! I’m clueless about basketball! I don’t watch Taken!
And because we realize our mistakes in love, I answered this section on the book too.
- May magandang posisyon sa trabaho (e.g. Manager, CEO, President) or a successful Businessman.
- May magarang kotse at bahay
- With a sense of humor
- Hindi babaero- syempre
- Would always bring out the best in me
- Will love me for who and what I am
Now putting on some love to myself because we all have to.
I like Kat because…
- She’s a tough cookie
- She’s attractive (walang basagan ng trip, mahal ko sarili ko. Haha!)
- She’s got an awesome laugh
- She’s witty
- She’s smart
- She loves having fun
- She’s very resourceful
- And she easily bounces back up after being down
Ngayon, kung na-enjoy mo ‘tong post na ‘to. Go ahead and create your own answers too. You can also definitely grab a copy of Alex’s book at National Book Store or any Book Store nationwide to learn more how you could bring yourself back up, know the tricks of bouncing back from a break up, and eventually to love yourself and be loved by others and meet your real The One- God.